Monday, April 16, 2012

Gearing Up


Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days. I've been writing, gathering, and getting ready to post my first group of treasures.
I have had this old church paneling in my garage for several years and like all my finds, it had a destiny. I imagined, one day, I would turn it into a stunning high back bench or banquette seating, but as usual, I have more ideas than time so it was tucked away for later. I found it at a yard sale, and the nice lady who had it made some of it into an amazing headboard, which I bought for my niece. To my surprise she threw the rest of it in for free. I could have married the partial panels and made a couple of perfect whole ones, but I decided to paint them as-is to use as backdrops. (They can still be a bench later!)
When I said that I am a collector, I wasn't kidding. I have no free wall space to stage my treasures so I will be using these panels, painted several different colors, as a backgrounds in my photos. I hope you like the end result as much as I do.



 As you can see, they didn't look like much in the original state, but  I could see the beauty in them.

 I kept the larger panels neutral in black and white. The smaller panels will be pink, gray-green and red.


I hope that by including you in my projects, I can teach you to see the way I see and I know that if you follow my blog long enough there will be something I've bought or made that you can't live without. I have a bunch of goodies coming up in a few days, and more than you can imagine in months to come. I hope we can connect on some level, whether it is something we have in common, self-deprecating humor, or something I know that you want to learn. My interests are all over the place, from vermicomposting to interior decorating, so please check in once in a while and let me know if you like what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment